WHAT IS WALL TO WALL CARPET?
The term "wall to wall carpet" has passed from English to Turkish from the expression "Wall to Wall", the name known among other people is carpet for upholstery. Wall-to-wall carpet can be expressed as the carpet that extends from the beginning wall of the room to the end wall and covers the entire floor. The carpet is covered on the floor without leaving any gaps between the wall-to-wall flooring and the four walls.
WHAT ARE THE WALL TO WALL USAGE AREAS?
It can be used in homes, hotels, offices, workplaces, mosques.
WHY WALL TO WALL?
The most important advantage of the wall-to-wall carpet is the warmth it adds to the environment, the beautiful appearance and the very high sound acoustics. The wall-to-wall carpet, which has different color options, adapts to any environment and decor. The biggest advantage is that it can be laid easily.
Sound absorption and heat insulation can be counted among the advantages of using wall-to-wall carpet. In tests, it has been revealed that wall-to-wall carpets absorb more atmospheric noises such as footsteps, hum and echo. In addition, the carpet provides thermal insulation. In case the entire floor is covered with carpet, it provides up to 20% heat saving.
HOW TO CLEAN WALL TO WALL CARPET?
Wall-to-wall carpet can be used for many years when cleaned and maintained regularly. A regularly maintained carpet prevents the growth of germs or bacteria in the living area. Due to the fact that the entire floor is covered, the dust particles flying in the environment are pulled down and trapped inside, and they are prevented from accumulating in it with regular cleaning. It is cleaned regularly by vacuuming with a vacuum cleaner using the dry method. In certain periods, it should be washed with a carpet washing machine (with minimum water). This application should be done by professional teams without removing the carpet.
Wall-to-wall carpet is a type of carpet designed to cover large areas, often used in offices, hotels, cinemas and some homes. It got its name because it usually covers a room from wall to wall. It comes in different qualities, colors, patterns and textures and usually needs to be professionally installed.
Wall-to-wall carpet has many advantages:
1. Thermal Insulation: Wall-to-wall carpets are generally known for their insulation and heat preservation properties. They save energy by preventing heat loss.
2. Sound Insulation: These types of carpets also provide sound insulation. They absorb sound waves, making the room quieter and more peaceful.
3. Comfort: Wall-to-wall carpets provide a soft and comfortable feel. They are ideal for those who do not like situations where you have to stand for long periods of time as they are comfortable under the feet.
4. Aesthetics: These carpets provide visual integrity as they completely cover a room. With different color and pattern options, you can make a choice that suits your decoration.
5. Safety: Wall-to-wall carpets can help prevent slipping, an important advantage especially for the elderly and young children.
But wall-to-wall carpet also has disadvantages:
1. Cleaning: These types of carpets are more prone to stains and usually require professional cleaning.
2. Replacement: Wall-to-wall carpet replacement is more difficult than replacing a regular carpet and usually requires professional service.
3. Allergens: Carpets can be a haven for dust mites and other allergens, so they can be a problem for people with allergies.
There are some important factors when choosing wall-to-wall carpet:
1. Material: The material of the carpet affects the appearance, durability and cleanliness of the carpet. The most popular carpet materials include nylon, polypropylene (or olefin), polyester and wool. Nylon is generally the most durable option and is resistant to stains. Wool is a natural and luxurious option but is usually more expensive.
2. Density and Texture: The quality of the carpet depends on the density - ie how closely the fibers are together. A denser carpet is generally more durable. Also, the texture of the carpet (how the fibers are cut or dropped) also affects the look and feel.
3. Color and Pattern: Wall-to-wall carpet can brighten up a room or give it a more relaxed feel. Light colors make a space appear larger, while dark colors create a warmer and more welcoming feel. Also, patterns and textures can drastically change the look of a space.
4. Local Conditions: If you have small children or pets in your home, you should consider a stain resistant rug. Also, consider how much traffic the area where you will lay the carpet will be exposed to. A more durable carpet may be required for heavily used areas.
Installing wall-to-wall carpeting often requires professional service because the carpet needs to be laid correctly, taut and flat. This process extends the life of the carpet and improves its appearance. When laying the carpet, it is also a good idea to place a carpet pad underneath. This makes the carpet feel more comfortable and also reduces the wear and tear of the carpet.